For decades people have been raising wood ducks. Some for hunting, some simply for love of nature. Whatever your reason for raising these beautiful birds, you've come to the right place. DuckHut is committed to providing you with the highest quality, easiest to use duck housing available today. Included is one duck house made of durable plastic and the brackets required to hang the duck hut on a wooden post top bird house metal post top bird house. While many styles of wood duck boxes have been produced from a variety of materials over the years, we've found the benefits of plastic duck houses are greater than those made from rough-cut lumber. Rough-cut, unfinished lumber is heavy and breaks down over time. The DuckHut wood duck house comes with a bag of wood shavings to be added to each box for nesting material. The female will use the wood shavings to cover the eggs during laying or when she takes feeding breaks during incubation. All duck house boxes should be cleaned out and replenished with fresh nesting material every year in late winter, before hens initiate nesting in early spring. The DuckHut nesting boxes can be secured using a DuckHut Predator Guard to protect hens and their clutches from nest predators, especially raccoons and rat snakes. The DuckHut Predator Guard is the best way to provide protection from the predators trying to climb the duck house mounting pole or post. Although duckling production from nest boxes represents only a small percentage of that produced from natural cavities, wood duck boxes provide an excellent opportunity for anyone to become involved in wildlife management. By building, installing and maintaining nest boxes, individuals can gain insight into the interesting aspects of wood duck nesting and reproduction, while helping to boost local populations.
- Plastic wood duck nesting box molded from plastic is the best wood duck house available and offers many benefits over traditional wood duck nesting box made of pine or cedarwood.
- DuckHut Plastic wood duck houses come with the mounting brackets you need to install the wood duck house on a pole or post. Our duck boxes are easier to install than cedar wood duck boxes and are proven to be the best nest box for wood ducks hands down.
- Our wood duck box has a 4.5 inch by 3.75 inch opening so wood ducks can easily enter and exit the wood duck house. The DuckHut also comes with a built-in chick ladder so wood duck chicks can easily exit the duck house when ready.
- Vents in the side of the wood duck nesting box offer the right amount of ventilation for wood duck nesting and make sure the temperature stays in a comfortable temperature and truly be the best wood duck box on the market
- Made in the USA - The DuckHut wood duck house is 23.25 x 12 x 11 inches and weighs just 4.5 lbs. made in the heart of the midwest and tested for wood ducks around the country often being the preferred duck house for wood ducks from California to Maine